Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Best Meatloaf

What's under that Deep Covered Baker dish you ask???? It's my famous meatloaf with a bit of altering that I made tonight. It was fantastic!

I am known for my famous meatloaf in my family. My kids say I make the best ever. Okay, I have experimented over the years making my meatloaf something you will always go back for seconds. I have been known to add grated potatoe to my meatloaf as a filler and other things that I have in my cupboard. Tonight however, I ended up altering my recipe a bit and honestly it was the best I have ever made! I added a special sauce layer and french fried onions to the top of it before I baked.


Check out the crust on top of my meatloaf. It made it soooo good.
Here's the recipe:
1 lb ground chuck
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup organic ketchup
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup Irish oatmeal
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients well. If mixing with hands please remove your rings and wash them well. Once your meatloaf is mixed place in a baking dish. I used my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (If interested, email me for more information). Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sauce:
1/4 cup Gulden's Brown mustard
1/4 cup organic ketchup
Blend well and pour over the meatloaf spreading over entire loaf. Spread 1/2 cup Durkee French Fried Onions over the loaf and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour uncovered.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This sounds yummy! We love meatloaf and can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I just purchased a PC covered baker & I wanted to make a meat loaf. So I Googled "PC" & "meatloaf" & hit upon your blog! I followed your recipe & it turned out perfect! I think the oats did it! Just wanted to give you a shout out! Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my DCB for a couple of years now and wanted to try a new recipe. Yours came up in my google search, it turned out great! I'm super excited to keep making this.

    ReplyDelete