Friday, April 2, 2010

Coconut Cake

I made a homemade from scratch coconut cake the other day using all wholesome and organic ingredients. The only thing that isn't organic is the actual coconut that I purchased from Angel Flake. The rest of the cake is made with whole wheat unbleached flour, coconut milk, buttermilk, and organic sugar and eggs. The 7 minute frosting I made using organic sugar too. Being that the sugar and flour are organic and whole wheat the cake came out with a creamy look rather than the normal solid white you see for coconut cakes. That tells me there is a lot of bleach in the original white flour/sugar recipes.

My dear husband loved the taste of this cake. It isn't as sweet as a the normal white coconut cakes but is very moist and refreshing. Overall, it is an excellent coconut cake.

By the way, my hubby brought me home a spring bouquet a few weeks ago. You can see in one of the pictures in the background that my flowers are still holding out.

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment