Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sweet & Sour Sausage

My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me so I am passing along. It sounds very tasty and I am anxious to try it out. I will probably use a red or yellow pepper rather than green. I just prefer the overall taste of those. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think.

SWEET & SOUR SAUSAGE

1 green pepper, sliced 1/2 tsp. ground ginger (Can be omitted)
1 medium onion,sliced 1 Tbsp. vinegar
1lb.Eckrich smoked sauage, 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
cut into 3/4 inch pieces 1/2 c. apricot preserves
1 Tbsp.butter 1 cup pineapple chunks (with juice)
1 Tbsp. cornstarch Hot cooked Rice

Cook green pepper, onion and sausage in butter for 5 minutes
Combine cornstarch and ginger; stir in vinegar.
Add soy sauce and preserves. Stir into sausage mixture.
Heat over low heat until sauce thickens. Stire in pineapple & juice.
Heat until hot. Serve over rice. Makes 6 servings.

Simple and very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment