Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quiche Pancetta with Spinach & Smoky Gouda

I experimented a little today and created the following Quiche dish. I wanted a quiche with a rich taste that incorporated spinach into the mixture. I wasn't sure how the following recipe would turn out but it was absolutely delicious! This recipe makes two deep dish quiches so remember to split the ingredients for both pie crusts. You can serve one and freeze the other for later if you like. Let me know if you try making this dish and if you liked it as much as I did.

Recipe as follows:

2 deep dish pie crust
8 eggs beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 lb pancetta chopped
salt and pepper
16 oz of heavy cream
1/4 cup of milk
1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry of juice
1/2 cup smoky gouda cheese sliced into slivers or thin cubes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Saute onion and pancetta in skillet until onions are cooked. Add spinach to warm and remove skillet from stove. Mix beaten eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Using whisk mix ingredients well. Layer the pancetta/onion/spinach mixture in the pie crusts. Place cheese over top of mixture covering it across. My cheese was sliced and then crumbled. Pour egg and milk mixture over the top and bake for 45 minutes until browned as in the picture below. Let pie set up 5 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh green salad or fruit. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. couple of great ideas. I'm going to try the
    Quiche. Also let me know about the egg machine, I do alot of eggs. Loved the lettuce tips. Keep all that good information coming.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete