Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

Here is my recipe for Shepherd's Pie. My family does not like the version with canned or frozen corn in the mix so I leave it out and I cook corn on the cob as a side dish.

6-8 medium size potatoes; peeled and boiled until tender
Mash potatoes as desired. I use butter, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp. mayonaise, and milk.
Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 lb ground beef
1 small sweet onion
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper

Monterey Jack & Cheddar Cheese shredded

Cook ground beef and onion until done adding salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Once cooked, drain beef and place in a baking dish spreading meat evenly on bottom. Spread mashed potatoes over the mix. Cover with desired amount of cheese making sure you cover all the potatoes. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve with salad and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment